Welcome To Historia BaseX.
What is Historia?
What is Historia at a high level?
Historia is a consensus-based, immutable historical record blockchain system designed for record keeping of current events (future history) with emphasis on absolute accuracy and seeks to prevent all assimilations of falsehoods into the historical record.
What is Historia in layman terms?
Historia is a decentralized blockchain application, similar to a database. Individual computers on the network, store the records that are approved. Think of it as a peer to peer system for Historical records. Records become approved via a voting mechanism. Once the records become approved via a vote, it can not be edited or changed by anybody, including the developers. These records will always maintain there original content for as long as the Historia Network exists, hopefully all of time.
What is BaseX at a high level?
Historia Network is the decentralized blockchain and protocol layer. This includes the voting system and the storage system. BaseX is a web application that runs on top of and interfaces with Historia Network. BaseX was needed to make Historia Network easier to use. Even if BaseX was to go down, you could still access the records directly through the Historia Network software.
How does a record get permanetly added to the Historia Network?
Records can be proposed by any individual user that pays a small fee. This fee is to prevent spam. The record then goes through a voting period in which voters should vote based on the accurancy of the record.
How do I vote?
To become a voter, you must own at minimum 100 HTA coins. You can buy these on a cryptocurrency exchange, like STEX. If you are not an expert in cryptocurrency or do not feel confident in your ability to setup the voting node with the proper voting keys, you can use the subscription service available on this website, and we will do the heavy lifting for you.
Why do I need "voting keys" to vote?
This was designed into the Historia blockchain on purpose. If any user is able to vote, then the accurancy of the records will go down because of the super states would be able to control the vote. Because of the limited number of coins currently available, there are a limited number of possible voting keys.
Can I get paid by submitting records?
Yes! When users submit a record proposal, they also can submit a request for payment. If the voters consider this to be an appropriate fee for the content submitted, as well as meeting the other guidelines such as accuracy, evidence, references, validity of content, then the submitting entity will receive payment for their work on approval.
For more details see here
Update: July 24, 2020
- Affilate Marketing System released
Update: July 1, 2020
- Reached Beta level - Open for receiving proposals/records/archives.
- Subscription service to allow for users without blockchain knowledge to rent voting keys to partcipate.
- Previous third party comment system has been removed and replaced with in house designed comment system.
- Home page revamped to all objects lists.
- More informational pages explaining how to use.
- Character counters on input fields.
Update: June 4, 2020
- Object creation generator has been completely revamped on back end to make faster.
- Preview system intregated to show output before submission.
- Images are now part of the HTML generated.
- Creation of all object types are now enabled.
- Social Media buttons are now enabled to share.
- Cycle Information listed on Create page.
- Bug fixes! Too many to list here.
- Further HTML formatting tweaks/cleanup for cleaner look.
- Time Localization based off of UTC.
- Infinite scrolling pagination system.
- Tweaks to comment system to add sorting capibilites, user reporting.
- Tweaks to main page to add top comments per proposal, and newest comments.
- Further social aspects, such as following, user profile customization, user profile statistics. Gameification. Re-sharing ability.
- Further tweaks for create system, to allow for posting on users' public page before submitted for vote.
- Revamp of Masternode and Voting Node Registration page.
- Redo Facebook/Twitter buttons to prevent canvas tracking from third party apps.
- Suggestion update mechanism.
- Administration stuff.
Setup a Masternode or Voting Node
Create Your Account
After you have setup your Masternode or Voting Node, please create a new BaseX user account here.
Register Your Masternode
After creating a BaseX user account and after you have setup your masternode or voting node, please register your masternode or voting node with BaseX. Instructions on how to do that are here.
Review Your Masternode
If you own a masternode, please review the masternode listing page here. If your masternode is listed with IPFS / Web Accessible values of Yes/Yes, then you are setup for extra rewards. If any of these values are "No", you will not receive extra rewards.